Remote Exception Not a valid CSRF token

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Remote Exception Not a valid CSRF token

L1 Bithead

After performing an update for the expedition beta, and updating the ubuntu OS using apt-get update I was unable to use the expedition tool due to this certificate issue. In expedition internal check I have no status errors that could relate me to the cause of the issue. What are the possible cause and resolutions to this error? 

CRIS162_0-1607546495343.png

9 REPLIES 9

L4 Transporter

This is a security measure built into expedition, do you have this same problem in another browser or in incognito mode?

L0 Member

Make sure you are using an up-to-date browser.

Make sure your browser accepts cookies.

Depending on your browser settings, you may have to enable them explicitly.

Clear your cache and remove all cookies from your browser. Refresh the page.

Provitalize

Hello,

I have attempted this on many browsers including edge, mozilla, internet explorer, and chrome. Other users have attempted expedition but failed to log in due to the same error received. Are there potential certificate changes we can make to resolve this issue?

@CRIS162 Trying remove the cookies setting of Expedition in the browser and restart the browser again , you will double click on the "NotSecure"on the URL bar , it will take you to the cookies setting. try to remove all the cookies there. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 11.06.03 AM.png

Clearing the cache as well as any cookies related to this site did not resolve the issue. I attempted resetting my settings on Mozilla with no luck. 

L2 Linker

Hi all,

I installed Expedition in docker mode (deployed ON AWS). From LAN side (via IPSec VPN), no issue... If I use AWS ELB+WAF, so CLIENT->AWS ELB+WAF-> DOCKER+EXPEDITION, I received CSRF Token error... Clearer the cache of the browser doesn't help... Any idea ??

Regards,

HA

Hello @slp-security 

What about if you change your ELB settings to be a persistent connection?

Did you ever figure this out? I've got this issue on a new install using a on prem vm with a direct connection to it in the browser. Clearing cache/cookies has no effect. 

Unfortunately no, I pivoted away from using expedition. However, rebuilding the VM or fixing the cert error may be the solution

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!