Rule enrichment import gets stuck

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Rule enrichment import gets stuck

L2 Linker

while attempting to import from rule enrichment, expedition stays in pending state; fails to complete.

notice behaviour is dependent on rule being imported. Some rule can import, others cannot.

Looking for suggestions on troubleshooting expedition to address this.

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

I would suggest you upgrade the expedition to latest version 1.1.80. If it still same issue , please attach screenshots on which step you see it shows errors . 

L5 Sessionator

The common aspect for an issue related to RE is that it either work or fail for all the selected rules.

You mention that the process completes for some rules, while some. others fail and it stays in pending locked, therefore I would suggest to check the processing logs and see if we have some information there that can help us in the investigation.

The logs are in /tmp/error_SecRulesEnrich

Expedition is at version 1.1.80 when this happened.

Attached a screenshot below.

Can duplicate pretty consistently. Maybe a resource constraint ?

Stays at pending. Progress on queued tasks doesn't look like its actioning anything.

Hello @frocchio1 ,

Please leave the process run for longer time and see if it eventually throws any errors.  

I have attached a screenshot of the out on two processing logs.

Need some help to determine what it means.

following files were created in /tmp

error_SwcRulesEnrich,error_SwcRulesEnrich2

attached

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!