Unable to import configs after upgrade to Expedition 1.1.84 -- "Failed"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to import configs after upgrade to Expedition 1.1.84 -- "Failed"

L1 Bithead

After upgrading with sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install expedition-beta, I can no longer import any config.

I have even tried starting from scratch with a fresh Ubunto 16.04 LTS VM.  I cannot import any config -- Palo Alto for my base, nor Cisco ASA configs. Even tried same configs which had imported successfully before the update to 1.1.84, they no longer import successfully. The tool has gone from extremely useful to not usable at all.

When I select a .xml to import the Palo Alto config (or any config to import), I immediately get a blank pop-up titled "Failed"

I have scoured the system for any error logs, nothing in /tmp, or /var/log/apache2/error.log or anywhere I can find.

Any tips? Here is a screenshot:

gb2057_0-1603859397431.png

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

G

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

Hi @gb2057 I am not seeing that issue in my expedition 1.1.84, can you please check if there is any message in /tmp/error ?  Also try to clear the cookies in your browser and relaunch it. If you need further helps, please write email to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Hi @gb2057 I am not seeing that issue in my expedition 1.1.84, can you please check if there is any message in /tmp/error ?  Also try to clear the cookies in your browser and relaunch it. If you need further helps, please write email to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com.  Thank you!

Hi @lychiang 

Thank you for the response. You are correct it was client-side, it appears a Chrome extension was causing the issue. Testing an OVA that had an earlier version (known to work) I saw I had the same issue. I started Chrome "incognito" with all extensions disabled and everything works great once again. Not sure which specific extension, but issue was definitely my client browser and not any issue with Expedition tool. I went ahead and accepted your answer as a solution since it does infer it is client-side issue and version 1.1.84 does work as expected.

Thanks again!

@lychiang fyi there was no error, nothing found in /tmp/error... I scoured the system for any logs, for all files modified in past few minutes, there was no clue in the Ubuntu system of any issue or at least I could not find anywhere to start. I thought it strange to not see any logs, because the error pop-up appears to be sent by Expedition itself, albeit there is no error message other than "Failed"

Thanks,

G

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!