3.1.8, when?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

3.1.8, when?

L0 Member

Hi,

we opened a Case and the support answered that it will be fixed in 3.1.8 release.

I was wondering, when will it be released?

Any idea?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

4.0.1 is out now.

rgds Roland

Yes, I know.

But support told me that the problem would be fixed in 3.1.8 release...

Hi There,

The earliest we expect 3.1.8 is next week.

But of course, this is subject to tests and their results.

Best Regards

James

So should those on 3.1.7 upgrade to 4.0 or wait for 3.1.8? What would be the reason not to got to 4.0?

L4 Transporter

Hi There,

This is a large topic for any vendor and probably a different recommendation for each network and deployment type.  Generally speaking, the reason to move from one major release to another is for new features that are required or EOL of existing code.  Of course, there are exceptions to this - but generally speaking.

The higher the last integer, the more maintenance fixes there have been and therefore the higher degree of stability.  This does not mean lower numbers are less stable in all environments, which takes you back to the discussion of requirements topology etc.

If you are not sure, it can be a good idea to discuss with your local Palo Alto Networks Integrator and/or sales team.

Regards

James

Thanks -

I understand the general upgrade philosophy, just wondering why PA would release both 4.0.1 and 3.1.8 at roughly the same time. Is there a compelling reason for supporting both platforms? Typically what we see in the industry is a desire for the vendors to push customers to the latest release. Are the v4 and v3 branches going to continue in parallel or be rolled into one eventually?

L4 Transporter

Hi,

Yes, we will continue to support software and hardware in line with our EOL (End of Life) policy.  You will probably get a better idea of for how long etc from this public link:

https://support.paloaltonetworks.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=147

Hopefully that helps, but if not - please let us know

Best Rgds

James

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!