3020 9.1.13 frequent high packet loss with Zoom

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

3020 9.1.13 frequent high packet loss with Zoom

L1 Bithead

Many of us are back on site now and we are seeing seemingly random, unexplainable packet loss for those in Zoom meetings. 

Looking for suggestions on things we can try to reduce this issue.

I suspect that large downloads are saturating our firewall and causing packet loss of zoom after.

We have 1gbps up and down fiber internet, with very low latency.

threat, wildfire and url filtering enabled. 

We also have QOS set up, and have tried two schemes neither has had any success.

scheme 1 zoom (appid) traffic moved to highest priority, all networks not limitted

scheme 21 zoom (appid) traffic moved to highest priority, all networks given 45% of total available bandwidth and also 100mbps guaranteed. trying to control bursts with this one but it does not seem to make much difference. 

besides zoom, our network and internet functions exceptionally well, our downloads and uploads are very fast, almost never fail. we just have problems with 10-15 second freezes with Zoom. I have heard MS Teams may also be affected. 

Appreciate any suggestions

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@LCMember3055,

Do you actually mean 9.1.13 and not 9.1.3? If you're actually running 9.1.3, I highly recommend you upgrade to 9.1.12-h3 (the current preferred release) as a first step prior to troubleshooting this any further. While I"m not a fan of "upgrade and test again" responses, you are running an extremely old version of PAN-OS that was very early in that code branch. There's been a ton of performance bugs fixed since 9.1.3, in addition to critical security fixes.

thanks, i meant 9.1.13

L0 Member

Was this issue resolved with a change or did it resolve on its own?  

L4 Transporter

@LCMember3055  Can you shed some light on what the fix was if any?  We are seeing similar issues on our network as well behind dual PA-3020s running 9.1.14h.  Everything on the network shows the path is fine yet ZOOM seems to complain when there is no indication that it should be. 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!