4.1.12 early adopters...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

4.1.12 early adopters...

L4 Transporter

Am I the only one who is adopting a "once bitten, twice shy" approach when it comes to 4.1.12?

The release notes claim that PAN have fixed the bugs I've been bitten by - the userID process problem, the App Override killing TCP sessions after 10 seconds and one other - but I'm wary of rushing out and just installing it.

Has anyone run with 4.1.12 yet (and yes, I know it's only just come out)? If so, is it behaving?

Cheers.

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

Here's the first issue I've seen... he's going from 4.0.5 to 4.1.12 though so it's kind of a big leap

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/26615

I'm still waiting for the DHCP fix we were promised before we go to 4.1.12+... it's slated to appear in 4.1.13.

Hmmm, I think I'll hold off a while yet before I jump into the upgrade, then.

Cheers!

Anyone bitten it yet? I'm planning to upgrade to 4.1.12 on Tuesday morning but have 4.1.11 in the bin as reserve (we're on 4.1.8 atm). Should I just go to 4.1.11 and wait? The latest fixes are very appealing... don't want my pants to catch fire over it though.

4.1.12 is ready and i suggest its installation. i've done the upgrade for a dozen of PA-200 clusters plus severla PA-2020 in the last week without any issue.

It solves a response pages not shown due to packet segmentation from the early 4.1.11

Thanks, I'll go for it then.

OK, Panorama and two PA-5020s upgraded to 4.1.2 - the Panorama server took about 30 minutes and the 5020s only 5 minutes each. No issues so far, the (long-overdue) DNS name resolution in reports is very welcome.

One strangeness we are experiencing is that a couple of our inbound proxies are randomly throwing up occasional proxy errors since the upgrade. It could be nothing to do with the firewalls, we simply don't know, but the last time weird random sh^Htuff started happening was after we went to 4.1.6, which was a nightmare version. I'll report back if it gets better or worse.

Edit: Looks like a middleware server issue, 4.1.12 not at fault.

Message was edited by: Andy Liddiard

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!