4.1 series GUI dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

4.1 series GUI dashboard

L0 Member

I have one box presently on 4.0.8 and one on 4.1.1. If I compare the dashboards, the 4.0 series one has the dates in the widgets in an international format (2012/01/12), which I have no trouble with. The 4.1 has the widget dates in a partial American format (01/12), which I read as 1 December for just a moment until I think. The times on the 4.0 are 24-hour clock. The times on the 4.1 appear to be AM / PM.

Not being American, I want the dates and times as they were in 4.0. Is there any way to get the widgets back as they were or to get them to respect the locale?

I also don't like the way automatic refresh doesn't seem to work in IE9 or Firefox, even though it is set to do so every minute. This too was OK in 4.0.

7 REPLIES 7

Palo Alto Networks Guru

The dates is a known issue and will be corrected in an upcoming maintenance release.  IE and Firefox should not have a refresh issue.  I just tested it on IE9 and it refreshed after 1 min.  Not sure what could be causing it to not refresh.  If issue persists, please contact support.  

L2 Linker

n.flanagan wrote:

I also don't like the way automatic refresh doesn't seem to work in IE9 or Firefox, even though it is set to do so every minute. This too was OK in 4.0.

We too are experiencing the issue where the widgets are not refreshing.  The dashboard page refreshes, but the individual widgets do not. This is an issue for widgets like the ACC Risk Factor, System Resources, and High Availability where we depend on them for status.

We upgraded from 4.1.1 to 4.1.4 and the widgets now refresh correctly.  Support told us that it was internally discovered bug 35829 and was fixed in 4.1.2.  It wasn't published in release notes because apparently customers don't need to know about internal bugs.

I find this a ridiculous posture - all bugs should be reported in the release notes, regardless of whether a customer has reported them or not.  I held off upgrading to 4.1.2-4.1.4 because the release notes didn't mention any fixes for bugs I was experiencing.  Why potentially destabilize my system with a regression bug that snuck into the new code if there's no expectation of payoff?

I totally agree.

The release notes should cover all changes made including "internally found bugs" IMHO.

I agree, but wonder if maybe the editing is intended to keep the number of trivial details to a minimum.  "Fixed typo in dialog #xxx" for example.  Auto-refresh might be on the edge between worthy and tedious.  Devil's advocate here.

I assume the release notes are generated automagically through SQL or such from a database.

In that case why not always release two release notes?

1) Release Notes (as today, for those who doesnt want the complete list)

2) Release Notes Full (ALL caseid's fixed with description of what is being fixed)

Hi, were installing a new pair of 5020's, I would like to change the date format - is this now possible?  We're running PANOS 4.1.9

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!