ACC shows ipv6 addresses in source/destination IP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ACC shows ipv6 addresses in source/destination IP

L1 Bithead

Hello, I have a PA-220 with PANOS 10.1.3 installed. I see IPv6 addresses in source/destination IP widget. It started from 10.1.x version

does anybody has the same issue?

RudolfTorvenyi1_0-1636825317441.png

107 REPLIES 107

L3 Networker

Looks like 10.2 just release today at least for the PA220.  In reviewing the release notes I do not see that the IPv6 like addresses in the ACC view where fixed NOR do I see it listed as a known issue.  I'll try and update later tonight and see what it looks like.

L1 Bithead

Hi!

Updated last night and now looks ok. And no sign about it in release notes!

L3 Networker

I updated last night but now I have a new problem.  The FW rebooted as expected after installing the new version of the OS but once it came back up I can no longer reach the management interface.  I have to go to the device now and plug in via the serial interface and see what I can figure out.  I'm not very good with the CLI.  The FW is passing traffic though.

Once I set the management interface static I'm able to access the FW again.  I suspect a race condition.  The DHCP service might not be ready to service requests when the interface attempts to lease an address but that's just a theory at this point.

L3 Networker

EDIT: it's working now.  see later reply.

EDIT again: it's broken again.

I can confirm that this IPv6 like addresses in the ACC tab HAS NOT been resolved in PANOS 10.2 on the PA220
😡
Capture.PNG

L2 Linker

My PA-820 on 10.2 shows IPv4 addresses as I was used under 10.0.x months ago...will see how long

How can you use the malware-test to do this?

L3 Networker

I'm not sure what has changed but now my PA220 is showing the correct IPv4 address (or resolved node name for those I have mapped in addresses) in the ACC tabs.  Maybe it just took the device a while to clean up information stored in the logs after I updated to 10.2.

L2 Linker

How did you get version 10.2? Panorama doesn't show it yet.

After less then 24 hours the PA-820 on v10.2 shows again the IPv6 crap.

Directly on the box GUI. But it shows the IPv4 addresses at ACC for less then 24 hours, now it shows again the IPv6 crap.

Anyway 10.2 ist not a prefered relase: Support PAN-OS Software Release Guidance 

Well shoot...

I can confirm that I am also seeing the IPv6 like addresses again on the ACC tab on my PA220.  The update looked promising but apparently it wasn't ready for release.

L3 Networker

@LAYER_8 what's the inside word?  10.2 does not fix the issue and no mention of it in the release notes.

L3 Networker

And it's working again.  Something is obviously not stable.

Here also, currently IPv4 shown in ACC

• 107 replies
  • 9 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!