ACC shows ipv6 addresses in source/destination IP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ACC shows ipv6 addresses in source/destination IP

L1 Bithead

Hello, I have a PA-220 with PANOS 10.1.3 installed. I see IPv6 addresses in source/destination IP widget. It started from 10.1.x version

does anybody has the same issue?

RudolfTorvenyi1_0-1636825317441.png

104 REPLIES 104

L3 Networker

And it's back to showing the IPv6 like addresses on the ACC tab again on my PA220 running 10.2 updated 6 days ago.CapturePA220.PNG

Engineering maintain that it is fixed in 10.2. I will ask if it is still going through QA cycles, I am seeing similar behavior in my lab as well

EDIT: Engineering maintain that the fix is 10.1.5, they've at least documented the root cause now (so I'm more inclined to believe them now). They also maintain that it will be fixed in the official 10.2 release, but not in the beta program. This JIRA (PAN-163831) updated 10 hours ago. 

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.

L1 Bithead

The same problem on pa-220 with software 10.1.4-h4, what is the solution?

Thx

L3 Networker

@LAYER_8 So what version of 10.2 was released then?  I thought that using the Device\Software\ (Check Now) only offered the official releases.

My understanding was that 10.2 wasn't officially GA until tomorrow, and that we technically were still in beta testing. 

In either case, JIRA still documents this issue fixed in 10.1.5 and 10.2.0, updated yesterday. It's marked as closed. If this persists, best to have eTAC (aka engineering TAC) re-open that issue if you add it to your case notes. 

L1 Bithead

I´waiting a 10.1.5 to pa220.... i need to resolve this problem with ipv6

L5 Sessionator

Good news, all. The fix has cleared QA per eTAC today. 10.1.5 and 10.2.0 are still marked as solutions internally. ETA for this maintenance release is this week. 

L2 Linker

PAN OS 10.1.5 is available via Panorama, installation in lab on PA-220 is running.

Gonna post the result when update is done.

L1 Bithead

Goog News 

I´m solved with panos 10.1.5 to pa220, the problem with ipv6 (only view ips in acc and monitor in ipv6)

Thx

L2 Linker

Looks good, version 10.1.5 seems to fix the issue.

PA-220-ip3.png

Thankfully. Appreciate the patience, but glad I finally had accurate good news for y'all. 

L1 Bithead

It took a short six months to complete the bug Palo introduced.

I will test 10.1.5 tonight.

still the same with 10.1.5 really upset 2022-03-27_111951.png

L3 Networker

I'm on version 10.1.4H4 and have the same issue with IPv6 showing on all reports how to get rid of this?

L3 Networker

Any update on this issue? still on version 10.1.4H4 IPv6 is all over, ACC and reports although IPv6 is disabled on the firewall 

• 104 replies
  • 9 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!