add policies to local vpn users

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

add policies to local vpn users

L3 Networker

Hi

Can I add policies for specific local VPN users? - I can't add them from the source "users" field?

I am running PA500 4.1.1

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Can you please clarify or give us an example what you are wanting to accomplish?

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

sure; I want to make policies for vpn users. Meaning that a local user X on the PA500 only has access to different servers and user Y has access to other servers.

Thanks

Hello,

If you are using Remote Access VPNs such as NetConnect or Global Protect you should be able to perform user-to-ip-mapping from the user's logins.

With this, you can then create user based security rules however you'd like.

If you are referring to IPsec VPN users, without any other type of user-to-ip-mapping you would need static IPs to be able to create a proper policy.

Thanks,

Jason

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!