add vsys in firewall , Panorama will show new vsys

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

add vsys in firewall , Panorama will show new vsys

L1 Bithead

A pair of firewall managed by Panorama.

I only use the device group in Panorama.

If I add a new vsys ( i.e. vsys2 )  in firewall , Panorama will show the new vsys ? 

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Martin_Chung,

First, only thing that you should look is, Is your gateway supports multi vsys ? Multi vsys are supported on 3200 series and on wards models. You need license to enable multi vsys on 3200 series models.

And Yes if you add new vsys on the Panorama and push configuration on the gateway, new vsys will be visible on the Panorama under desired template where you have created the vsys as well as on the gateways. Once vsys is created, you can take required interface under new vsys and also have separate DG. Now you didn't mention anything about templates. How are you managing the templates?

M

Thanks for your reply.

i do not use the template from panorama to create the vsys. is it possible ?

my template only have some sylog server setting  and authentication setting.

For network part( like interface , routing ,.. ) , i will configure on the firewall ( not panorama ) .

For panorama, i use the device group to deploy the security policy ,NAT, object,...)

when i add new vsys on firewall ( not panorama ), how Panorama work for this newly created vsys ?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @Martin_Chung ,

You cannot create a new vsys from Panorama.  It needs to be created on the NGFW.  Edit:  I got this from an old document!  You can create a vsys on Panorama!  https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000PLsWCAW

Template settings have a vsys option.

The vsys should show up as a separate device for device groups.  I am not sure if it will populate automatically in the list when you create it.  That allows you to push a separate set of rules to the new vsys.

Please create the new vsys locally and let me know if you can see it in the list of devices under Panorama > Device Groups.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!