Additional File Types

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Additional File Types

L4 Transporter

Hello,

In light of the recent email worm that utilized the dowload of a malicious .scr file - is there a reason the .scr extension is not availabe in the current file extention list? Is there a method to create custom extensions? The current list is a bit limited.

Cheers,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

While this isn't a direct answer to your question regarding custom extensions you may find it helpful.

the .scr filetype is part of the portable executable category. You can find portable executable (PE) under:

File Blocking Profile in the File Types list.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.  PE will work fine then.  Is there document that shows what "missing" file types might be included under the current exisiting types, such as how .scr falls under PE? Also, there was a post earlier inquiring about .vbs - and a reply that said it was now included.  I don't have that file type in my list.  Is that under an existing type? Thanks so much.

Mike

Hi Mike,

We will be releasing a document that covers precisely what you asked 🙂 Please stay tuned.

As regards covering .vbs, currently we don't do that.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Thanks,

Sandeep

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!