Admin Ldap

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Admin Ldap

L1 Bithead

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I post this message, because I can't find a clear answer to my questions, related to the admin access to the box via LDAP. Basically, what I can't find is the guide for setting up LDAP admin accounts.

- Version used: 3.1.8.

- Motivation: use of LDAP so that password policy is managed at the AD level. Goal is to keep one emergency account in local DB, and have all other admin accounts taken from LDAP.

- In Device > Setup, there is a parameter 'Authentication Profile' with the following comment: 'Authentication profile to use for non-local admins. Only RADIUS method is supported'. Why only Radius? I don't know if this should be understood as 'prefer radius to ldap'?

- Basic configuration steps seem to be:

1. create the 'Server Profiles > LDAP' profile for access to LDAP servers

2. create an 'Authentication Profile': the 'Allow list' seems to be taken from UIA data, whereas the Login attribute has to be specified according to LDAP Server profile... this is very confusing.

3. create the administrator in 'Administrators' with the Authentication Profile set to the one created: the name chosen will be appended to domain name defined for the LDAP Server profile. Then what happens if a local account has the same name than an LDAP account?

In summary, lots of suppositions. Any help welcomed. And if there is a guide already available that I have missed, please advise.

Thanks   

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Hello,

Please refer to the below link for the document you need to help with your configuration.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1445

Thanks,

Phil

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!