Admin password problem on CLI and Web Interface after panorama upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Admin password problem on CLI and Web Interface after panorama upgrade

L1 Bithead

Hello everybody,

I upgraded my panorama m100-series to 8.0.13 and since this upgrade, I cannot login in my panorama through CLI and Web interface with the default admin account (Password was changed of course).

When I try to log myself, it says that I entered a wrong user/password.

So I created a Radius account and I can log with this account on the web interface but when I try log on CLI interface, I enter my radius account and after it asks me the admin password and it fails again.

Does someone have an idea concerning my problem ?

Thanks 🙂

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like something in the upgrade process completely borked. This could have been the configuration migration itself, or it could have effected your master key and negated all of your hash values.
Either way you’ll want to contact support and they can walk you through running some device diagnostics to see where in the boot process it’s running into issues.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Finaly, I rebooted my apliance from Web interface and my m100 nerver rebooted.

The "Warning light" light 3 times in red and my apliance restarts continuously

Sounds like something in the upgrade process completely borked. This could have been the configuration migration itself, or it could have effected your master key and negated all of your hash values.
Either way you’ll want to contact support and they can walk you through running some device diagnostics to see where in the boot process it’s running into issues.

Totally agreeing with what @BPry said. If the device is constantly rebooting something has definitely gone wrong.

However, something to note though @David7660, the authentication process is one of the last processes that finishes starting up after the firewall reboots. Meaning, although the GUI is operational etc, you may not be able to log in for another 5 more minutes. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!