After downgrade from PAN OS 3.1.4 to 3.0.8, the unit keep reboot.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

After downgrade from PAN OS 3.1.4 to 3.0.8, the unit keep reboot.

Not applicable

Hi All,

Need your guys advise. I am having issue with PA-500. I downgrade the device from PAN OS 3.1.4 version to 3.0.8.

Once i downgrade, i was unable to enter to the maintanance mode and the unit keep rebooting by itself.

Anyone encountered this before?

Regards,

Sam

7 REPLIES 7

Palo Alto Networks Guru

Hi Sam,

What method did you use to enter maintenance mode?  Were you simply connected on the console port?  Did you see a prompt to press a key to enter maintenance mode?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Yes,i plug in the console and press "m" to access the maintenance mode. I already call support and they ask me to try after 5 times reboot but still the issue is the same. After 5 times reboot, the unit shows :

OgX_Demo_PA-500 login: ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
nfsd: last server has exited
nfsd: unexporting all filesystems

Then the status light is orange color. What may cause this issue?

Regards,

Sam

Palo Alto Networks Guru

Hi Sam,

Please contact support for this issue.  They'll need to pull a tech support dump to identify the issue. 

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thank you.

Regards,

Sam

Sam,

Can you join the gotomeeting?

Not applicable

Hello,

I would to know how you fix this issue, I think I have a similar issue.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Arnaud

Hello Arnuad,

You may need to call support to further investigate why reboot occurs after grading your device.

Regards,

Oliver

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!