Aged-out issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Aged-out issue

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I have configured PA on Azure but it is unable to ping to PA.

It always shows that "aged-out" as error message.

Once I ping to proxy-server on Azure, the log is shown on PA but it is aged out and could not get the response.

I did set up Static route and everything.

I have set up as below.

PC->Azure(PA)-Azure(Proxy server)-Intenet

Can anybody please help me to solve this issue?

12 REPLIES 12

L6 Presenter

Ping always shows in the traffic logs as  "aged-out"  in the session end reason column. This is because it doesn't have any TCP/UDP port. Are you pinging PA interface? 

I understand that, but apart from ping, all of the "application" column shows as "Incompelete."

i did ping to the interface of PA and the proxy servers on Azure, but both of them are failed.

@itsuki.h1991,

It sounds like something wasn't configured correctly but we would need to know a lot more information then what you have displayed to actually point you in the right direction.

What does your interface configuration look like?

Did you follow any of the guides to configure this setup?

What does your routing look like, and can you reach a website and it's simply showing as incomplete or do you not actually resolve things properly?

I have set up as below..interface.JPG

Even i choose DHCP, the interface got correct IP address i expected.

I followed guide regarding PA on VM but the detail is not written much.

No i cant reach any website, it is failed and shows as "Incomplete".

I set up routing table as well but it seems it is not working at all. Regardless i set the routing table or not, the result is completely same.

Can Palo reach the internet? 

no it cant access internet...

What is your default gateway on PA. Can you ping that ip? Can Palo resolve cisco.com website?

Do you mean MGT default gateway? it is 172.28.194.4, and ping is unreachable. but i can ping to management port and trust and untrust interface now.

PA uses mgmt port (by default)  for all own communication (means initiated by the device itself).  You have to have a default route (at least if you are not using any dynamic protocol) for all your traffic which is traversing device (client traffic):

FFF.PNG

So when you SSHed into the device and pinging let's say 8.8.8.8, you by default, using your mgmt default gateway in order to get to the Google public DNS. All your client's traffic is routed through the firewall based on the virtual router attached to the zone (as well as routing table in the VR).

Yes i did set up the default gateway..

default.png

but all of the result is "aged-out" and application is recognised as "incomplete".

default.png

So can you ping your default gateway on the WAN?

Can you add columns bytes set/bytes received in the monitoring TAB. Then you can check if you receive some data back once the session is initiated. Incomplete means not enough data fro the PA in the session to determine which application is in use. Aged-out for TCP most of the time no 3-way handshake completed (routing issue, asymmetric routing, another firewall on the way etc): 

BB.PNG

SSH into the box and source the traffic from the internal PA source ip address. In my case see below:

> ping source 192.168.163.1 host cisco.com

After, check the logs. Especially bytes received column.

Hi sorry for the late reply.

I could not find the "bytes sent" and "byetes receive" on the monitor tab.

However I could ping from the internal IP of PA to cisco.com and it shows on the monitor tab.cisco.JPG

but now it still shows that "incomplete" on the application column.

Could you help me to solve to access the website through PA?

• 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!