Amazon Echo Alexa video calling issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Amazon Echo Alexa video calling issues

L0 Member

I'm a current Palo Alto Home user.  I've been able to figure out issues with current APP ID's that are not listed for most home use for IOT devices.  I'm trying to see if anyone has figured out how to let Amazon Echo Alexa Video calls go through using custom App ID's.

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

Currently my service is running as "Any" and everything works.  When i change it to "Application-Default" thats when i have the issues.  I just received it for Christmas and thats when i noticed the issues.

Hi Mate, 

There is a link showing what ports [tcp/udp] are needed for the echo. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201973870

ye can create services for these and apply to a service group, then use that service group instead of a 'any' in the services. Monitor the traffic going through it for a day after ye test it, and from the ACC tab, filter by sorce IP and look at the applications the echo used. Can add them to the rule then. 

best regards,

Rob 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!