Analysis and control of protocol running in SSH like SFTP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Analysis and control of protocol running in SSH like SFTP

L0 Member

Hi,

Any ideas on better controlling what gets transferred over a decrypted (by the Palo Alto's ssh decryption feature) SSH session.

I don't see an option blocking file up- or downloads via the fileblocking feature for SSH or an other corresponding protocol, nor is it possible creating a custom definition (for what's being transferred within SSH).

The Palo Alto is telling me that it has "Decrypted" the SSH session, but no way of controling protocols or files in there...

Probably some of you have had the same thing coming up and know a little more...

Thanks and best regards,

Peter

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

I don't think the firewall can do this unfortuantly. You can block SSH tunnelled apps however by blocking the SSH-tunnel application.

You can find out more info here:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Documentation-Articles/SSH-tunneling-Control/ta-p/53134

hope this helps,

Ben

L5 Sessionator

SSH decryption cannot control the traffic/command going inside the ssh tunnel.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!