Antivirus and apps - Error in retreiving data - PAN OS 6.0.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Antivirus and apps - Error in retreiving data - PAN OS 6.0.1

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I'm a customer with two PaloAlto PA-2020 with active/passive config running without issues.

I've just upgraded from 5.0.11 to 6.0.0 and then to PAN OS 6.0.1 (latest)

Starting with PAN OS 6.0.0 I can't check for apps and antivirus upgrades from the "Dynamic Updates" link. It gives the error "Error in retrieving data".

error-in-retriving-data.png

This situation didn't happened in previous versions of PAN OS.

From an SSH console, I can run:

>request antivirus upgrade check

>request antivirus upgrade download latest

>request antivirus upgarde install version latest

All commands succesfully. I can see succesfully installation in the General Information widget (dashboard).

antivirus-p1.png

So, is there an issue from the web PAN OS interface for the Dynamic Updates section ??

Thanks in advanced.

Albert

9 REPLIES 9

L3 Networker

I have run into this issue too, no solution so far.

Not applicable

Same issue here. Any solution known?

Manual install of update file works, status on dashboard reflects actual update version. However, error message stays.

L0 Member

Hi,

we changed the timezone to GMT - commited the changes - then the dynamic Updates worked !!!

regards

Marius

L3 Networker

Are you able to update via CLI ? If yes, you may be running into a known issue. If you are able to upgrade via CLI then change the time zone to GMT/CST or any zone with 3 characters that is closet to your time zone. Please let me know if that fixes the issue on GUI.

Hi dpalani,

you're right! That's why I wrote my solution to help the others.

regards

Marius

Hi dpalani. Mr. steurerCC had the right solution. Changed the time zone from Europe/Madrid to GMT, save, commit and voilà. It works !!

Thank you guys !!

Hello.

I've changed timezone to CET (which has 3 chars and is exactly my zone), commited policy and it didn't help. I still have errors for Antivirus and Applications and threats.

Best regards,

Simon

I also could not solve that with 3 chars

I opened a case and they told me it will be fixed with 6.0.2

Dynamic Updates Page Error with Timezone Setting of More Than Three Characters

I've just realised, that CET is actually CEST at the moment because we're on summer time. So it's not 3 letter right now.

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!