Antivirus Update Frequency

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Antivirus Update Frequency

L3 Networker

Is this specified anywhere?

I can't seem to find where the antivirus update schedule is stated explictly.

Or is it just part of the weekly content updates?

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

Hi,

It is a daily update for version 3.1 or above.

If you have any of our unit, or our support account, you can check the signature release date under the dynamic update page.

L1 Bithead

Hello

Web GUI  - Device- Dynamic Updates- Antivirus Schedule  is clickable.

Or  CLI

set cli config-output-format set

configure

show

You should find something like this

set deviceconfig system update-schedule anti-virus recurring hourly at 23

(You may also check that your  "Threat prevention subscription" is lisenced   ).

Hope this helps!

/Paul M.

When I look on the dynamic updates page I see AV updates which are three days apart (see screenshot).

We are running 3.1.8 and the updates are set to an hourly schedule. Sometimes I see new ones released daily. Sometimes there are days between updates.

So does PAN release AV updates on a published schedule, and my systems just aren't updating correctly? Should I expect a new AV update every day?

L4 Transporter

Hi,

The web GUI doesn't show all the upgrade so far. The support website will show more details. It can be as fast as daily basis depends on our QC process and urgency. Attached is the screen capture from our support portal, and you can see actually we have very frequent update. You should at least setup daily update schedule if you want to follow our sig update as close as possible.AV_update.jpg

Ok, so there is no stated update schedule for AV releases, it's just best-effort?

I see from that screenshot that sometimes it's daily, and sometimes it's 2-3 days. And even though there are updates from the 29th and 30th on your support site, my firewalls haven't seen an update since the 28th - is that normal?

L4 Transporter

Hi,

The most frequent update can be daily. The date shown in the sig should be the date we created it and passed it to QA, and so the actual release date maybe actually one to two days after the day shown in the sig. It is normal to only see 28th update on 1 Sept, and now you should see the 30th update.

Hello,

> The most frequent update can be daily.

The AV is unrenewed Recently.

Is there any problem?

Tomoyuki Komure

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!