Since the security advisories were released yesterday, we are looking to upgrade to the newer version. Has anyone experienced any issues with 8.0.6 from 8.0.5 that are not in the release notes?
Thanks in advance!
I'm working on the 8.0.6 upgrade as well. Last Friday, I upgraded 3 set of PA-500s in HA from 7.1.x to 8.0.6, and it seems okay, no complaints yet. However, there are always bugs in there, and it triggers in different situations. So the final decision is yours.
I saw that note that was sent out and this was why we were upgrading. However since the hotfix is so new, we are going to wait a bit and let it bake in the wild for a bit. While I like living on the edge, bleeding edge is just too risky for my tastes.
FWIW: regarding this vulnerability, I recently upgraded an HA pair of PA-3050's running 7.0.18 to 7.0.19. I'm experiencing some issues with SSH connections. I do not know if this is related or not. I've also been running into errors causing commit failures. These are errors I've never seen before though is reminiscent of a problem I recall from the PanOS 4.x days. I would post the message had I not since cleared the logs.
What I've noticed is this:
This may not be applicable to 8.0.6 and I am not 100% positive that this is a PanOS issue.
I'm still waiting for the 8.0.6-h3 to bake in the wild before deploying it. I'll update when I have my prod systems running on it. Right now only my little lab200 is on it but it doesnt really do much.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!
The Live Community thanks you for your participation!