Anyone else have a ton of these?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Anyone else have a ton of these?

L4 Transporter

URL filtering I keep seeing lots of clients for this URL:

play.google.com/log?format=json&authuser=0

Anyone know what application can be causing this request from the client PC?

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi,

You should be able to check the application type from Monitor>logs>URL Filtering.

I just checked the link you provided and it provides the following info:

URLplay.google.com/log?format=json&authuser=0
CategoryShopping
DescriptionSites that facilitate the purchase of goods and services. Includes online merchants, websites for department stores, retail stores, catalogs, as well as sites that aggregate and monitor prices.
Example Siteswww.amazon.com , www.pricegrabber.com , www.lightningdrops.com
Additional commentsSites listed here should be online merchants that sell a variety of items (or whose main purpose is online sales). A webpage for a cosmetics company that also happens to allow online purchasing should be categorized with cosmetics and not shopping.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@s.williams1,

That's a pretty generic URL used in a large amount of Google applications for uploading log files, crashes, and the like. I'm almost positive that this can be built into any Android application as well. So yes this would be a very large volume URL, blocking it wouldn't really effect anything and allowing it doesn't really allow much outside of analytics. 

L0 Member

I was just trying to fix the very same problem you have, earlier today. The problems were revealed using the Developer tools, however this time the developer tools wasn't allowing me to insert Redirects. I am finding the same issue with my second and third gmails.  My take on this problem is that Chrome expedites the process of creating a profile on New devices, by creating and Authorizing user0, which is really just an extended,but generic Version of your original ID.   

Rather than giving us a new certificate they just extended the original certificate, and attach all previous JavaScript to your new device. Down the road it definitely causes problems!! Now, when adding additional email addresses

they will be under the exact same heading and you will not be able to separate them with a unique ID.  I am not currently using a Windows computer but I am pretty sure that Windows would not allow this type of user extension. It seems to be an Android / Chromebook program that is creating these types of users. Definitely -Google One will Swipe your entire identity and put it into one. It's is so Bad because it makes your ID generic, and your identity wide open. 

I am not trained to do coding but I have played around with it. This site Paloalto might be the Right site to help us correct this problem. The Chrome Community reveals such little information they are not helpful.

We need Access to people who can tell us Where and What Coding to INSERT into a Chromebooks to run them correctly. 

PattiMcG
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!