Automatic logon with GlobalProtect when settings are set to "on-demand"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Automatic logon with GlobalProtect when settings are set to "on-demand"

L2 Linker

Some of our users are experiencing automatic logon, even if the GlobalProtect is configured with on-demand. In most cases this is just a minor inconvenience, but one of our portals are configured with two-factor authentication, and when they chose "deny", GP continues to try and connect repeatedly. This is however inconvenient, since their users keep getting locket out.
It would seem that this occurs after hibernation, and that the OS is trying to "resume" the vpn connection as well(?). Although I've noticed this maybe 1 or 2 times in total on a desktop computer that did not come out of hibernation - I had to kill the application because it would not stop.

Has anyone encountered the same issue and/or know of a solution to this?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

L7 Applicator

Hello pred-martin,

Please let me know the GP agent version running in your environment. There are 2 similar discussion thread for your reference:

GlobalProtect

Re: global protect and OTP

Thanks

L7 Applicator

Hello pred-martin,

Ideally We'd expect that if the GP is set for ON Demand and SSO is disabled and that password is not saved, that the GP would not automatically connect when the laptop is awakened from sleep/hibernate. Hence, would it be possible for you to check with a newer version of agent to compare this behavior.

Thanks

Hello HULK,

We are using the newest 2.1.0. Want me to check with an older version instead?

Probably won't be able to check until next week though.

Hello pred-martin,

It would be great, if you can check with an another GP version. This is just to cross check this behavior. Did you try with "ON Demand and SSO is disabled and that password is not saved".

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry for late response. He was going to try to test this yesterday if he had the time, so I will hopefully get back to you on that soon :smileysilly:
But, another question, is there a timeout / retry setting for GlobalProtect anywhere?

Sorry for the inconvenience:

The retry interval increments after each unsuccessful attempts:

1st interval:    5 seconds

2nd interval: 10 seconds

3rd interval:  20 seconds

4th interval:  30 seconds

Beyond the 4th attempt, the interval remains at 30 seconds until network discovery is successful.

Thanks

I see, and this can't be changed anywhere?

So we've now tried an older version (2.0.1), and the same issue exist for this one. Except if we do as you mentioned regarding on-demand, SSO and remember me.
For each test we used on-demand, and SSO disabled, and it kept logging on - until we removed "remember me".
This seems awfully bothersome to make sure it won't logon by itself - turning off 3 "features" to stop it from doing this is not very pleasing :smileysilly:

Thanks.

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!