Bad support from plaoalto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

L0 Member

we have in customer support call center more then  a hour to connect for P1 call 

its really surprise support from paloalto  

15 REPLIES 15

L7 Applicator

We are sorry to hear that this happened. 

Especially for a P1 issue, we want to ensure that we are able to help quicker than that.

I will try to forward this info to our support management so they can reach out to you about this.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@mojeebk,

One thing to keep in mind is your SLA on your support level. On a severity 1 standard support has initial response at 2 hours, premium support at 1 hour, and platinum support at 15 minutes, and Focused Services at 1 hour.

If/When your in a Sv1 incident I would recommend heavily pushing your AM and SE to escalate internally if past your SLA response times. Once your past your SLA response times ask for the Duty Manager on shift.

L0 Member

I'm not one to leave bad comments but Palo Alto support has been the worst experience; I waited for hours, finally after they answer (up to 4 hours). Previous post says 2 hours SLA for the standard support, I'm not sure if that is what we have or not, but we must have a sub-standard SLA because I've waited for up to 4 hours at times.  Talking to the Duty Manager on shift does not bring back those two extra hours of lost service.

I am another unhappy customer...this isn't happening to just a handful of people, is a real problem. To make things worst, after my complaint, they tried selling us advanced services. 

L2 Linker

We are extremely unhappy as well and looking for alternatives like a GoldSeal partner.  Once I do get a response from support they often times have no idea or clue and I end up having to resolve myself.  We recently had an incident with VPN connections all down and they sent us down the wrong path completely and once again I ended up having to figure it out myself.  Why buy Premium support for such horrible service?  I have been copying my PA sales reps on all tickets and asking them to escalate my concerns to their management.  Maybe if enough of us complain through our reps we'll finally get PA to provide the support we pay for.  

L1 Bithead

Terrible support, especially for licenses renewal. The reseller accidentally gave me the new subscriptions, but there is no workaround to convert the authorization code to renewals. Why separate the new subscriptions from the renewals if there is no workaround? An answer would be appreciated.

L0 Member

We're paying for premium support and we've been waiting on the phone for a bout 60 minutes and still waiting as of now. The automated voice keep telling us to go to live.paloaltonetworks.com where she bet that we'll find the solution to our question.

We know Palo Alto want to cut cost but relying on the community to do the dirty works while Palo Alto collecting the money is not fair at all.

Palo Alto support was only good before you buy their products. After signing the contract the support is basically ended. So if you're potential customer or about to renew the service be sure to think twice. Think twice before switching to Palo Alto product.

L0 Member

I get better support from Dell on products with just a serial number.  Let alone a brand new 3410.  Extremely poor customer service so far.  My company just started investing into and buying a lot of Palo Alto. I am not looking forward to this as so far my experience has been close to zero star

L1 Bithead

Going on a month with a problem and support has been useless!

Community Team Member

Hi @mojeebk ,

Are you still needing assistance with your P1 issue? 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L1 Bithead

Support is "looking" into my issue.. Been over a month. Pathetic.

L2 Linker

We finally renewed with a PaloAlto reseller that provides their own support and have no complaints so far.  At least I get a response when I open a support ticket!

They are still "looking into it"

Community Team Member

Hi @Axiom06830 ,

Care to share the problem you're experiencing in a separate post ? 

There are plenty of smart people on the LIVEcommunity that might be able to help out or guide you.

Kind regards,

-Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 15 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!