Best 7 OS version

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Best 7 OS version

L4 Transporter

I am planning on moving to the best version of the 7 OS next month any one have a preferred version or any gotcha's to avoid?

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

If you're wanting to stay in 7.0.X, then go with 7.0.6.  

Though if you can wait there's a huge bump in SSL/TSL supportability in 7.1.X (among a lot of other feature enhancements.)  if you can wait for the 4 pages or so of caveates in 7.1.X to be mitigated by 7.1.2 or potentially 7.1.3 that might be a better option.  So you aren't upgrading into 7.0.6, then like 3 weeks later upgrading to 7.1.X.

Currently I am on 6.1.10 and the next closest upgrade in 6 is 6.1.11 and I was told that it would be better to stay on 6.1.10 rather that to upgrade to 6.1.11. So now I am planning my move to the most stable version of 7

L1 Bithead

Hi we tested multiple version of 7.x PAN-OS in our testing environment. You will not be surprised to find bugs in 7.x trails especially when you are running OSPF with ZPP.

The most stable verison I have experienced in 7.x PAN-OS trail is 7.0.5-h2.

Hope this will help you.

@jdprovine Given the pretty substantial changes that were made in the 7.X.X train your best bet is to probably upgrade to 7.0.6, which will include all of the mitigations from the 4 hot fixes under 7.0.5.

You can introduce your enviornment to some of the new features in PAN-OS 7 then after about a month or two by then PAN-OS 7.1.3+ should have come out and you could upgrade to a much more stable OS train while getting the enhancements 7.1 brings.

This would allow you to move to 7.  Show your organization that it's stable while not adding any heat to you because you upgraded to something "you should have known not to do."

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!