BGP on two virtual routers on same firewall?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

BGP on two virtual routers on same firewall?

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

We have two HA pairs of Palo's BGP across two diverse datacentres BGP peering with 3rd parties using our private AS numbers. We now have a new 3rd party who require us to use a registered AS number. I am told that Palo doesn't have the ability to use a different AS number (like local-as in the Cisco world). Is it possible to set up a second virtual router on the same firewall and BGP peer between those virtual routers (as well as the new 3rd party?)

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

Hi,

Ive used BGP-Peering for "a different Scenario" between two VRs before.

you can run one BGP Instance on each VR.

check this out
https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClIpCAK

let me know if this works for your design.

Thanks Abdul-Fattah,

Did you use different AS numbers per virtual router?

L1 Bithead

Require the Same information please

So i tried this our with different VR on the same device , i did not had to use private AS numbers for ibgp. Everything worked fine.

However you do require Static routing to next VR followed by security policies.

L0 Member

Did you use different AS numbers per virtual router?

Hi @sirfnahi 

No i did not use AS numbers. What PANOS Version you are using

Regards

Kamlin

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!