block by Domain Suffix (.xxx)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

block by Domain Suffix (.xxx)

Not applicable

Looking for a way to block the domain suffix of .xxx

I've created a custom URL catagory with *.xxx (and I also tried *.xxx/) and that works....however It will also block a URL string with.xxx anywhere in the URL (i.e. www.google.com/news/foobar.xxxdsdfsdsld/index.htm).  Does anyone know of way to block a specific domain suffix .xxx instead of just matching the string anywhere in the URL?

any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

Hi,

You should be able to modify your regex but II am not confident your PAN regex.

Otherwises, depending on your network design you could do the following :

Use de PanOS DNS proxy features and configure something like that :

All .xxx DNS request are sent to a non existing DNS server.

All others DNS request are sent to your regular DNS.

regards,

L3 Networker

You could also make a custom app for this by matching the domain in the context 'http-req-host-header'.

This allows you the use full regex expressions ( full regex is not possible in custom URL filters )

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!