block IP's in same zone

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

block IP's in same zone

L4 Transporter

Is it possible or practical to block traffic between two server in the same firewall zone by designating the source IP from the server you want to block access to the server to the destination server indicated by IP

35 REPLIES 35

Hello,

Only if they are in different subnets or you are using SDN from the clients perspective.

Example of the first:

Zone name = DMZ

I then that 192.168.1.0/24 and carve it up into /29 subnets. Using the first IP as the gateway address.

Create a vlan interface A on the PAN, IP 192.168.1.1/29

ServerA in that subnet would be 192.168.1.2/29 pointing to 192.168.1.1

Create a new vlan interface B for the next subnet with IP 192.168.1.9/29

ServerB in that subnet would be 192.168.1.10 pointing to 192.168.1.9

Since both subnets live the in same zone, you can now control the traffic between the two servers using security policies.

Hope that makes sense. 

/30 could be used also.

/31 I think won't work on a PA.

Rob

@OtakarKlier

Yes the two servers are in different subnets. I am going to have to go over your explaination and compare it to my current situation and see if it is a possiblity for me

Otakar.Klier's explanation is for microsegmentation of each server.

Are you just wanting to segraegate one particular server from the rest of your estate?

Rob

Yes but long term a whole vlan for testing

It will be achieved by intra-zone deny policy.

• 35 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!