Block msn-file-transfer security rule in VWire mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Block msn-file-transfer security rule in VWire mode

Not applicable

Hi All,

I configured my PA2020 to block msn-file-transfer from any any but it doesn't work. I checked Monitor traffic log already show "Deny" on msn-file-transfer. However, it is successful to transfer a file in msn in my test lab. Below is my rule set of firewall in simple

1. any any msn-file-transfer deny

2. any any any allow

Thanks a lot!

Johnny

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Are you on an older Content version?  There was a bug, resolved in Content 180, which prevented msn-file-transfer from being blocked.  If you are on a current Content version, you may want to contact Support so that they can troubleshoot the issue with you.

I am using the current version which is 186-631. BTW, Any Any can block msn-file-transfer but not in trust->untrust when I fine tune the policy. It is also show 'deny' in traffic log. Any configuration I miss in the policy?

Thanks!

Johnny

Hello Johnny,

it sounds like this may be a bug with our content. Can you call into your support to pursue isolating this?

Also it would be great if you could get a pcap of the msn file transfers that is being let through the paloalto device.

thank you,

Stephen

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!