blocking ZOOM file sharing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

blocking ZOOM file sharing

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I need to block zoom file sharing in my company.

there are applications signatures for zoom-uploading and downloading but they are not working properly.

all trafic are going in zoom-base and not blocking file transfers. if i block zoom-base meetings will be blocked too.

what can i do to block file transfers ?

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@TaslicaTry by creating File Blocking Profile. Create separate Security Policy for only Zoom traffic and map fie blocking profile to it.

Hope it works for your!

Mayur

M

Hello,

if i create a policy with file blocking assigned to it, it drops all traffic. doesnot check policies below.

it works same for url filtering and other profile assignments too.

and what should i do in file blocking profile - should i use zoom file-download and upload ?

Regards

@TaslicaUnder file blocking, try first bu blocking specific file types. And assign this profile to the only security policy which will allow only zoom traffic so it will not create any negative impact on other traffic. For this, have separate security policy for Zoom traffic.

Mayur

M

Hello   SutareMayor

I understand what do you mean but palo alto can not understand the zoom file transfer traffics even it has zoom-upload/download signatures.

After i upload a file i can only see ZOOM-BASE on monitoring tab. If i choose zoom-base on file blocking it will block all zoom traffic.

Problem is paloalto firewall cannot understand the difference between meeting and file transfers.

Regards

it works fine but you have to apply SSL forward proxy then you will find the uploading/downloading zoom file appears in the monitor tab 

L0 Member

Hi,

I am trying to implement the same at my place.

Also, are you able to view the files that have been uploaded or downloaded? 

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!