Brightcloud update in Palo alto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Brightcloud update in Palo alto

Not applicable

Hi,

On startm, I just want to stating that im french.  You may have some difficulty to read next ! Smiley Wink

Its a question about how Palo Alto take new update of Brightcloud URL DB.

We replace WebSense by Palo Alto, because PA manage more then just HTTP and a few of apps.  a HUG more. so far PA is a great product. But...

In WebSense, when i was asking a recategorization, like brightcloud WebSense return a email and say the change will be added to the version X DB.

But instead of birghtcloud, when that version was already installed in websense, to software was still update newly URL modification to the BD.  Websense update like each hour the new url change.

With brightcloud, when i ask for a change, they return me with a version of the BD where the change will be added.  Each time i check palo alto and I have already that BD update, but the site is still block.  I have to wait, alway, the next BD version then the one that is show in the brightcloud email.  And its take several days before i get a new brightcloud URL BD.

There is a way to have more dynamic update from palo alto, of brightcloud update?  You should check how WebSense work on URL update. its really neat.

So far, when i have a site to recatogorize, I open sites with a Custom URL category.  Then after several says, if i not forget, i check if brightcloud have been update, then i remove the custom category.  I think it's too much work.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Denis,

The command to clear the cache is:

clear url-cache all

I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

Sri

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Denis,

When a URL is recategorized, you need to clear your local URL cache so that the URL categorization request will be sent and will be classified as the new category.

To clear the cache:

clear url-cache all : clears the entire cache

clear url-cache <url> : clear the cache for this particular url

Thanks,

Sri

ok great answer, I just need a little bit more information on URL :

I have try those URL syntax :

clear url-cache url http://www.broadbandforamerica.com

clear url-cache url www.broadbandforamerica.com

clear url-cache url *.broadbandforamerica.com

PA answer this :

This command requires the Palo Alto Networks URL filtering database.

What this mean? I didnt have to URL filtering module activated?  Because it is active and running on PA 4.1.6.

Or its just a answer to tell me the cache have been cleared?

Denis,

The command to clear the cache is:

clear url-cache all

I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

Sri

thanks that answer my question!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!