Bringing a OSS live (remotely)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Bringing a OSS live (remotely)

Not applicable

I’m deploying 3 global units all with On Site Spares and I am looking for advice on the best base config for the OSS so I can bring them into operation with minimal local hands and so I can load the config remotely – Anyone done this before?

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi There,

You'll need to upgrade the Apps only - please be sure to pick the 3.0.x bundles (sounds like you're choosing 3.1.x packages).

Then upgrade to 3.1.0

Then to 3.1.6

Then updates Apps again.  Choose Apps ONLY, as you will not have a license for threat.

You have my number, so call me if needed Smiley Happy

Thanks

James

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

below is a document on the oss

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1442

I'm working with djmac... here's some more info for you...

I have 4x OSS boxes. They are currently 3.08 with no dynamic updates on them.

How can I build one up to match the software version of the promary box (running 3.1.6)?

The OSS box will not update from the website, as it says it doesn't have a support licence.

I have downloaded the software for 3.1.0 and 3.1.6, but the upgrade fails, stating a newer threat db is needed.

So I downloaded the threat and AV files to upgrade locally, but I get the following error:

content update failed with the following messages: Failed to unbundle file /opt/pancfg/mgmt/content-images/panupv2-all-contents-222-823

There MUST be an easier way to build up an OSS box to match the current running versions of the Primary box??

Hi There,

You'll need to upgrade the Apps only - please be sure to pick the 3.0.x bundles (sounds like you're choosing 3.1.x packages).

Then upgrade to 3.1.0

Then to 3.1.6

Then updates Apps again.  Choose Apps ONLY, as you will not have a license for threat.

You have my number, so call me if needed Smiley Happy

Thanks

James

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!