Bypass/Disable Policy for destination address.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Bypass/Disable Policy for destination address.

L1 Bithead

I want to make a policy/rule to bypass/disable policy in case of certain destination ip addresses. There is a way?

14 REPLIES 14

Community Team Member

Hi @mandrake ,

Why don't you add a policy/rule with the certain destination IP before the current policy/rule ?

Or am I missing the point ?

Cheers,

-Kiwi

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

You are right

But I already try it, but works only on personal IP address (PC client IP) and not to if i configure a destination address.

I've a pool of some destination public address that I want to reach without any filter / policy that are now on the firewall.

Just for convenience panos 8.1.x

Hello,

Should just be setting the source IP's to any and destination IP's to your group of specific IP's. You can also use User-ID if you have that setup so those destination IP's are accessible only by the Users you specify, or AD group.

Regards,

I try but doesn't work. Checking for unused rules it evidence this rule, and I don't want add continuosly source ip addres, but use only the destination addesses.

Community Team Member

Hi @mandrake ,

This should be straightforward to configure.

Are you able to send how you configured it exactly + show us how the session/traffic is actually being identified by the firewall ? This could clarify why it's not hitting your rule.

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

OK, as you can see in this image: rule 9 is the principal rule to go to internet.

If I put the client PC address in rule 4 it works but can reach any IP without security rules

If I put the client PC address and destination IP in rule 3 doesn't works. Also doesn't works using only destination addess.

PA.jpg

Hello,

That is because your rule 4 has the destination IP's set to any. If you put in the destination IP's that you only want to get to, it will then be restricted to only those IP's.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards,

You wrong, because I wrote: If I put the client PC address and destination IP in rule 3 doesn't works. Also doesn't works using only destination addess.

Rule number 4 insted of 3 works, but for all DESTINATION ADDRESS.

Hello,

Please look at your policies. Rule 3 and 4 have different source IP's. Please keep in mind the following:

The firewall reads rules top to bottom and left to right and all set conditions must match. If you provide me the current IP of the workstation and the external destination IP's I can help you write the correct policy.

Regards,

Of course there are different IPs I'm trying different configuration from different PC.

But no result with rule 3 or 4 as I expect.

The rule 3 is as you describe before, (source address and destination address) but if try no works, or I check with "highligt unused rules" it marks the rule.

So source IP can be any in the Lan basically 192.168.14.0/24 destination ip can be something else 62.100.200.100; but my goal is not to set the client IP on the rule, but only the destination IP if them change; if possibile, of course.

Hello,

Try the following:

Source Zone = trust

Source IP = any

Destination zone = Untrust_IS

Destination IP's = 62.100.200.100 (or group or IP/s subnets etc.

Also make sure to enable the rule as they appear to be disabled, all italics, at the moment.

Regards,

It was my first try before write in this blog, but doesn't work.

Next I try adding the source IP also and doesn't work too (see rule 3).

Hello,

Not sure what is happening incorrectly. However these policies should work correctly. Please make sure that the policies have the proper fields filled in, the policy is enabled, and the configuration is commited.

If this still doesnt work, I say contact support.

Regards,

OK so, I need to contact support.

Thanks for your help.

• 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!