Can URL Profiles be used if there is No URL Filtering License?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can URL Profiles be used if there is No URL Filtering License?

L0 Member

Can i use URL filtering using custom URL categorys if i do not have a URL filtering license.?

when i try i get the following warning message.

No valid URL filtering license,

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hey guys,

The link which is shared by Palo Alto suggest to create custom object for URL filtering and apply them to the security policy. 

Palo Alto link https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClGfCAK

I have tried the same and exact way but URL filtering did not work for me. Did anyone faced this problem even after creating custom objects. Kindly let me know. 

Thank you,

L3 Networker

Hello,

• Yes, you can create and use Custom URL Categories manually for filtering/decryption puposes on device also Palo Alto Networks Permits one shot trial for per device URL filtering Demo license.
  • Custom free category providers can be found on internet.
  • For example if you want to decrypt outbound traffic for a specific site/domain, you can use Custom URL categories to identify and use prevention/inspection features.
  • SSL Decryption should be on, else Firewall cannot take desired action for custom created URL categories.
    • İf you want to take an action on Google Url's, a custom category for *.google.com should be created and added to decryption policy, than you can take an actions on google URL's.
  • You can Bulk  import/export Custom Categories easly with text files.
  • Using URL Filtering license is much better.bl_gambling_custom_category.JPG

google_decryption_custom_category.JPG

google_decryption_custom_category.JPG

UP
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!