Cannot update software since upgrading to 4.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update software since upgrading to 4.1

L2 Linker

Hello all,

I recently upgraded to the 4.1 OS from 4.0.1. The firewall settings are fine but for some reason whenever the firewall tries to download any new software like 4.1.1, GlobalProtect, Dynamic Updates it keeps getting the error "Failed due to network failure".

I have checked and made sure that the Managment Interface is not being blocked by URL or Security policies. I even see successful connections to update server but the error still keeps coming up.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Stephen

13 REPLIES 13

so we have to contact our local IT company to see whether they can solve this? I don't wish to bring them in to waste time on a solution which looks a vague especially since everything was working pre upgrade.

L0 Member

I had the same issue on 4.1.0.

The Check now in Software only generated the following error message:

"Failed to check Content content upgrade info due to generic communication error"

I resolved the issue by doing this:

• Changed the Services - Primary DNS Server from internal dns server to external dns server.
  • Changed Palo Alto Updates in Service Route Configuration to use external fw interface.

Software list is now updated and 4.1.2 are now downloading 🙂

awesome! it worked :smileygrin:

Thanks

L3 Networker

Hello,

I am facing the same issue with PA-2020 PanOS 4.2.

Tryingto update to PanOS 4.3, I am getting the message " Failed to check upgrade info due to generic communication error. Please check network connectivity and try again."

I can ping the PaloAlto update server and updates were working untill now.

Regards,

Laurent

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!