Cant able to access to device after up-gradation reboot from 6.1.4 to 6.1.10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cant able to access to device after up-gradation reboot from 6.1.4 to 6.1.10

L3 Networker

Hi,

I'm not able to access to firewall once after upgrade FW from os version 6.1.4 to 6.1.10, any known issues or any possiabliity that FW gone to maintaince mode else reboot loop mode??

Please assist.

Regards,

Kotresha

Kotresha
ACE
3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

If the firewall does not come back from an upgrade reboot you should get on the console port to see what the status messages say.

Yes, it is likely then you will see maintenance mode and can try to recover from there.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Whats the genreal downtime during rebbot?

Kotresha
ACE

Hello,

It honestly depends on the model that you are running. The older models like the 2000's could take up to 20 min or more (from what I have observed). The 3000's take 5-10 minutes (from what I have observed). My lab 200 can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes (from what I have observed). 

Also remember that if you are running in FIPS mode, the console is disabled.

I hope this helps!

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!