Captive Portal login

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Captive Portal login

L6 Presenter

Hi,

Having an issue After trying to authenticate into the captive portal login page again same page comes.Portal login page is being presented again.

We checked everything but could not find what is missing.

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

L5 Sessionator

Can you restart the l3-service to see if it makes a difference?

>debug software restart l3-service

This service is responsible for the captive portal features.

BR,

Karthik RP

L4 Transporter

Are you using certificate authentication with your captiv portal with 5.05 panos version

because I have case open

L5 Sessionator

Looks like we dont have user identifications enabled on the zones:

Please refer to the below doc

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2951

:BR,

Karthik RP

it is enabled for all zones.Thanks for help.

I'll try the l3 service

no not using certificate auth.

Thanks

debug software restart l3-service

also did not resolve the issue Smiley Sad

L3 Networker

Is the login attempt successful.

Can you verify in the authd.log whether the log in was successful?

Also, in the user mapping tab under device>>>user-identification...

Is there any networks specified under 'Include/exclude' networks? I have seen issues where the include and exclude networks causes the issue.

You could just try adding 0.0.0.0/0 in the include networks...just to see if that changes anything.

Regards.

Not applicable

Have you checked how you are authenticating?  I authenticate via Cisco ACS.  I noticed that when I started having the page not "pass through" to the internet page requested it was related to ACS not processing the request.  Sounds like it is not passing authenticating.  Check logs and see if you are authenticating.

auth.png

Do you have the right user policy to allow that user in?   Looks like the user is not built in the database. Are you using local db instead of a server to authenticate such as AD or Radius?  I would check to see if user is built in the DB of the authenticating system.  If remote system, I would double check the server profile for correct settings to make sure Pan and the server are handshaking properly.

Authentication profile uses Local Db with All users allowed.

That makes it strange.

You running multiple Vsys?  I also noticed you are running a 2050 have you tried to restart management plane?  What version of code are you running?

1 vsys

• 13 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!