Captive portal not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Captive portal not working

L2 Linker

Hi Everyone,

Im trying to configure captive portal on PA 220 for users trying to access any website should redirect to captive portal and after authentication via username and password they will get access, but anyhow im unable to achieve that.

Below are the configuration i have done on my PA220.

1) configure the user object for local database authentication

2) configure the authentication profile and authentication policy rule for captive portal

3) user policy from inside to outside for internet access is created

3) created self signed certificate and call it in ssl-tls profile

4) enable the captive portal and assign ssl-tls profile and authentication profile which i have created on above points

5) enable redirect mode on captive portal and assign internal zone interface of PA ip 10.1.1.1 as redirect host url

7) enable redirect host on management profile assign to internal zone 10.1.1.0/24.

Note: i dont have AD server in my premises so i selected web-form authentication profile.

Please let me know if anything im missing. Also i can share configuration screenshot if required.

Regards,

Vishal

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Seems like all step should be there.

Confirm that you have seen/used this doc:

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClFlCAK

and depending on what PANOS software

test authentication-policy-match from <value>|<any> to <value>|<any> source <ip/netmask> destination <ip/netmask> category <value>

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

What OS are you running on the PA-220? Prior to version 9 captive portal was only used for User-ID mapping. Version 9 allows for a 'proxy' type experience for end users that have to authenticate. However version 9 is still too junior for my taste to deploy into production (my 2 cents).

Regards,

Hi,

My PA 220 version is 8.1.6-h2. 

Hello,

This could be why. If the user-id mapping is already known by the PAN, a captive portal will not be shown to the end user. However in Version 9 this is a feature.

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Captive portal is working now.

Regards,

Vishal

One question? Did you upgrade your Pan-OS version to 9 to get this to work?

@vishal_07  Are you able to share what you did to get the captive portal working?

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!