Chromebook using always on, asks to install a certificate.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Chromebook using always on, asks to install a certificate.

L0 Member

We are trying to connect our Chromebooks to GlobalProtect using always on. The Chrombooks are managed by The Google Admin Console. We are pushing the certificate as described by google. On connect GP askes to install a certificate. If I cancel then it says the cert in not found or invalid. If I try to install a cert there is not anything on the Chromebook.

We spoke with Google support. They looked at the config and didn’t find any issues. They believe there should be additional application config and referred us back to palo. Is anyone using a Chromebook with GP always on that can give me any ideas on what to try?

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@rnicic,

Have you reviewed the GUIDE on how to accomplish this? It's been a while since I helped a school set this up, but it was a fairly straightforward process just following the guide and getting the certificate aspect sorted. The only thing to really take note of that was special was that GlobalProtect for Chrome and the GlobalProtect for Android does encounter a whole host of issues if they're both installed at the same time on the same device. 

If you're getting a certificate installation prompt as soon as you connect, do you have trusted root CAs being installed from the Portal? 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!