Cisco SFP+ Twinax Copper Cables to PA-5050

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cisco SFP+ Twinax Copper Cables to PA-5050

L6 Presenter

Hello.

Has anyone tried connecting Cisco SFP+ Twinax Copper Cables (sfp-h10gb-cu1m) to PA-5050 device? I've tried to find some info about it on PA KB but wasn't successful. Is there any document issued by PA listing all the supported 3rd party devices?

Best regards,

Simon

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

Hello santonic,

Following document should help you as it jots down all the SFP transceivers supported in conjunction with PAN firewalls

Palo Alto Networks Hardware Accessories Cross Reference Including Transceivers (SFP Modules)

You can also contact your account's sales engineer to get more information on SFP+ compatibility with PAN firewalls.

Hope that helps!

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

Thank you for the answer. I've checked the document but didn't find any info about Cisco parts. I guess that means they aren't officially supported. I'll contact my SE anyway just in case.

L2 Linker

Hello santonic,

Have you ever tried to connect the Cisco SFP+ Twinax Copper Cables (SFP-H10GB-CU1M0 with PA-5050 device to see if link is brough up?

I know they are not on the PA officially supported Cables, but some Third-Party transceivers/cables may work (without warranty)  and I want to know if this SPF+ DAC  is one of them (if you have experience of it). Or did you finally purchased PAN compatible DAC/transcievers?

Kind regards

George

L3 Networker

I can't remeber what model, but I have connected Cisco TwinAx to a PAN Firewall and it will work. It's not offically support and I believe it will show up as such, so if there are any problems TAC will probably point to that first.

L4 Transporter

We are using the 10G TwinAX Copper with PAN-5220 firewalls and were using them with our legacy PAN-5050 and PAN-5060 firewalls without issue.

It was a while ago, but yes we did and it worked.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!