Clear a Commit in PAN OS 7.0.5-h2?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Clear a Commit in PAN OS 7.0.5-h2?

L4 Transporter

Hi folks,

Trying to figure out if there is a way to clear a Commit in PAN OS 7.0.5-h2?

I see there is mention of it in the PAN OS 7.1 New Features guide.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/71/pan-os/newfeaturesguide/management-features/commit...

Just to confirm, this means you can't clear a commit until upgrading PAN OS to at least 7.1?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Community Team Member

Hi @OMatlock,

The commit queue is a new feature in 7.1.

So yes, clearing the commit queue was added since 7.1.

Note that before 7.1 you could also clear a running commit job (depending at what stage it was) but this is certainly NOT recommended as this could break stuff and things.

Look up the job-ID and clear the job-ID with the CLI command 'clear job id xxxx' ... 

Again, this is NOT recommended and might even fail depending on how far the job is.

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

is that specifically what you are trying to do? cancel a commit job being queued? if so, yes, 7.1. prior to that, you couldn't commit when a commit was already in progress, it would just error out.

if you are trying to revert changes to the candidate config that have not yet been committed to the running config, you can do that through device -> operations -> revert to running config.

--
CCNA Security, PCNSE7

Community Team Member

Hi @OMatlock,

The commit queue is a new feature in 7.1.

So yes, clearing the commit queue was added since 7.1.

Note that before 7.1 you could also clear a running commit job (depending at what stage it was) but this is certainly NOT recommended as this could break stuff and things.

Look up the job-ID and clear the job-ID with the CLI command 'clear job id xxxx' ... 

Again, this is NOT recommended and might even fail depending on how far the job is.

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Thank you!!

I was interested in clearing the commit.

Like if I were to make a change, see it in the commit preview, then clear it if wanted to.

Actually, I don't like how if I were to change something, then cancel the window, the commit still lights up even though the preview is empty.  Maybe that's changed in 7.1.

Yea, I would never try to cancel or clear a running commit task.

Sounds like I need to upgrade!  🙂

Thanks again.

that sounds like what I was advising earlier (except I forgot the setup tab part). this will effectively undo any changes you made since the last commit.

2017-04-26 13_11_46-PA-220.png

--
CCNA Security, PCNSE7
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!