Clientless Remote Access VPN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Clientless Remote Access VPN

L1 Bithead

Hello,

We've just purchased a PA-3020 in order to replace an old Checkpoint. We have a few site-to-site VPN, and some other VPNs using a Checkpoint client. I would like to get rid of the clients and use some king of clientless VPN, so I won't be bothered by the OS (which kind of Windows is supported by GlobalProtect client, do the partner have admin rights etc). But I cannot find how to configure this. I've read the admin guide and the Global Protect agent user guide and now I'm asking myself (and you 😉 😞 can Palo Alto support clientless VPN?

Thank you!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Palo Alto Networks firewall does not have clientless VPN.

GlobalProtect still is agent running in client machine (either laptop or phone).

In case of phone you can use built in vpn client (instead of GlobalProtect app) if you need to.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Palo Alto Networks firewall does not have clientless VPN.

GlobalProtect still is agent running in client machine (either laptop or phone).

In case of phone you can use built in vpn client (instead of GlobalProtect app) if you need to.

That is so disappointing... Even without speaking about the seller who, I'm pretty sure, told me PAN can do it...

L3 Networker

Does this mean you cannot use the native VPN client in Windows or say iOS to establish a VPN connection?

Not sure about Windows but you can use built in client in iOS for example.

Does this mean you cannot use the native VPN client in Windows or say iOS to establish a VPN connection?

PAN-OS supports standards-based IPSEC.  This means you can use the built-in iOS and Android clients for mobile platforms, as well as the built-in VPN capabilities in Mac OSX.

Unfortunately, Windows does not support standards-based IPSEC, so your only option is to install a client - either the GlobalProtect SSL client (recommended) or a standards-based IPSEC client. 

This is unfortunate to hear. We are currently using a Cisco ASA as our VPN solution which works with Windows native VPN solutions. Are there any plans to support Win native client? Has this change with the release of Windows 10?

L1 Bithead

Hi,

It's now supported in version 8 for web applications

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!