Close Global Protect

Highlighted
Not applicable

Just want to report that we're having the same issues with PhoneFactor and GlobalProtect, not closing, saving the password, reconnecting at bootup even though the icon near the clock flashes "on demand."  Users can connect *sometimes*.  It keeps showing as failed to connect and popping back up for them to hit the apply button, but each time they do, it counts as a logon attempt.  Too many of those, and their VPN account AND their Active Directory account get locked.

I had our idle timeout set to two hours.  Had a user that was actively using the VPN, but kept getting kicked off after two hours.  I had to bump up the idle timeout.

I've got a cubicle full of laptops returned to me because users can't connect.  I opened a ticket and have spoken with two technicians so far.  I got a suggestion to uninstall the GP client and delete the PAN file folder in Program Files, then reinstall the GP client.  That didn't solve the connection issues.

Looks like we'll be reverting back to the previous OS until PAN has a better handle on this GlobalProtect issue.  Very frustrating!

Highlighted
L0 Member

Release notes for GP 1.1.2 seem to address the saved password and reconnect after hibernation issues.

Have not tested yet, but will tomorrow, just wanted to put this out there..

From Release Notes:

35430 – When the GlobalProtect portal "Agent" settings "User can save password" and "Use single sign-on" are both disabled, the GlobalProtect client is still caching the login credentials and the "remember me" option is available on the client.

• 35234 – GlobalProtect is not re-establishing a VPN connection after the host computer comes out of hibernate or sleep mode

Highlighted
L0 Member

Were you using the IPSec client or the AnyConnect client and what were the parameters you used?

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!