Cobalt Strike IPs and Application and Threat Updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cobalt Strike IPs and Application and Threat Updates

L1 Bithead

PAN provides anti-spyware signatures for Cobalt Strike Payload Traffic Detection and Cobalt Strike Beacon Command and Control Traffic Detection that are automatically downloaded to our PAN firewall. I also use the four External Dynamic Lists that PAN provides to block known bad IPs. NJCCIC and MS-ISAC sometimes send me lists of known bad IPs that recently included Cobalt Strike IP addresses. Can anyone recommend how I can efficiently integrate this into our PAN firewalls?

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@NewProvidence,

Kind of confused on what you are asking? If you just want an easy way to ingest NJCCIC and MS-ISAC indicators I would recommend setting up MineMeld and using it's API to feed in the indicators to a dedicated output node. 

L1 Bithead

MindMeld sounds like what I am looking for. Do I need to purchase AutoFocus to use MindMeld?

Hi,

Minemeld is open source so you don't need to purchase Autofocus to use it. There are a range of in-built feeds , some of which require a licence others that do not.

A little off topic but Minemeld is also very good for dynamically managing O365 IP Addresses.

@NewProvidence,

As @MichaelWrigh mentioned MineMeld itself is free. It was included with AutoFocus for a bit, but that's actually in the process of being end of lifed in favor of Cortex XSOAR's threat management solution. 

The MineMeld docker image is still available with installation instructions available HERE or through MineMeld's primary Github repo from source. Your use case you may also want to look at minemeld-sync.py

• 4 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!