Commit failed due to Application update

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Commit failed due to Application update

L1 Bithead

After an auto update of application we can't do a commit with out explanation on the commit page.

We discover that when we do a revert of application the commit is ok so we put off the auto update but we want it back.

How could we solve this problem ? Could it be possible to know which policy or application is concerned ?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Are you saying the commit is failing or that when you commit you receive alerts and messages like dependency warnings?

Please be verbose, can you cut and paste the output.

~Phil

the commit is failing ("commit failed" at the end) and there's dependency warning too :

• device:      Rule 'XXXX' application dependency warning:
  • -      Application 'mobile-me' requires 'dotmac' allowed in the policy, but      'dotmac' is denied in 'STOP-ALL'
  • Rule      'GOTOMYPC-OUT' application dependency warning:
  • -      Application 'gotomypc-base' requires 'citrix' allowed in the policy, but      'citrix' is denied in 'STOP-ALL'
  • Rule      'FACEBOOK-OUT' application dependency warning:
  • -      Application 'facebook-chat' requires 'web-browsing' allowed in the policy,      but 'web-browsing' is denied in 'STOP-ALL'
  • Rule      'PROXY0' application dependency warning:
  • -      Application 'webex-desktop-sharing' requires 'ssl' allowed in the policy,      but 'ssl' is denied in 'STOP-ALL'
  • Rule      'PROXY0-VPN-CISCO' application dependency warning:
  • -      Application 'mobile-me' requires 'dotmac' allowed in the policy, but      'dotmac' is denied in 'STOP-ALL'
  • Rule      'PROXY1-Web-out-Video' application dependency warning:
  • -      Application 'usejump' requires 'ssl' allowed in the policy, but 'ssl' is      denied in 'STOP-ALL'
  • Rule      'PROXY1-Web-Out-' application dependency warning:
  • Rule      'PROXY1-Web-Out-VPN' application dependency warning:
  • -      Application 'usejump' requires 'ssl' allowed in the policy, but 'ssl' is      denied in 'STOP-ALL'
  • Rule      'PROXY1-Web-Out-GogDoc' application dependency warning:
  • Rule      'PROXY2-Web-Out-FileShare' application dependency warning:
  • -      Application 'steekr' requires 'web-browsing' allowed in the policy, but      'web-browsing' is denied in 'STOP-ALL'
  • Rule      'PROXY2-Web-Out-Radio' application dependency warning:
  • Rule      'PROXY2-Web-Out-Video-Archives' application dependency warning:
  • Rule      'PROXY2-Web-Out-8080' application dependency warning:
  • Rule      'PROXY2-Web-Out-' application dependency warning:
  • Rule      'PROXY3-Web-Out-All-1 ' application dependency warning:
  • Rule      'PROXY8-audio-video' application dependency warning:
  • -      Application 'youtube-uploading' requires 'flash' allowed in the policy,      but 'flash' is denied in 'STOP-ALL'
Commit failed

but those dependency were ok befaure that, the commit is ok with the old application update

If I decide to update the applications and threats, the commit failed and didin't say why

I've no idea of which policy or application cause the fail

Regard

any idea ?

it's strange that anyone ever had the same problem

I've no particular policies or applications

I'll have to open a support case ...

I only see dependancy warnings so I'd have to request output from show jobs processed, specifically the job that failed. So dynami updates for content is still disabled at this point? What PANOS are you running? Did you eventually contact Support to open a case?    

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!