Commit Failing on 5.0.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Commit Failing on 5.0.2

Not applicable

Hi,

we have recently updated our our two PaloAlto 4050 from version 4.1.8 to version 5.0.2. Since after the update we face a lot of commit failing problems. and the device response becoming very slow.

is it a known bug ? or is there any way around ?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

The mgmtsrvr appears to be having issues relaying the first phase of the commit to the authd/sslvpn processes per your output. You also have core files generated on your host. I would call PAN Support or your ASC (Authorized Service Center) to get a case open and a live debug session. We'd need to debug the issue further given the results provided. Thanks!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L6 Presenter

Please determine job id for failed job and provide output for the following

admin@PA-500(suspended)> show jobs id <value>

<value>  <1-4294967296> By id

admin@PA-500(suspended)> show management-clients

admin@PA-500(suspended)> show system files

Kindly check the following screenshots.

Show job id output

show job id.png

show management-client

management-client.png

show system files output

system files.png

The mgmtsrvr appears to be having issues relaying the first phase of the commit to the authd/sslvpn processes per your output. You also have core files generated on your host. I would call PAN Support or your ASC (Authorized Service Center) to get a case open and a live debug session. We'd need to debug the issue further given the results provided. Thanks!

Well, currently we are stuck in a "premium partner support" contract and that partner is providing us really crappy service. I'll try to make live debug session with the PAN Support.

Meanwhile if you look at the management client, the client "logrcvr" is stuck at init phase.

is there a way to restart the logrcvr process ? ?

This is the syntax to restart said process. Prior to restarting, however, execute the trace command 3x and output to the putty.log. In addition, core the process in question as well. If feasible, have the ASC create the case on your behalf. This will help with analysis.

admin@oliver(active)> debug software trace log-receiver <== run 3x and output to putty.log

admin@oliver(active)> debug software core log-receiver

Confirm PID for that process before restarting. Once restarted, confirm PID has changed.

admin@oliver(active)> show system software status | match logrcvr

Process  logrcvr              running  (pid: 2305)

admin@oliver(active)> debug software restart log-receiver

Thanks, i was able to restart the logrcvr process. and yes its id changed after the restart.

but the overall behavior of the management interface is very slow. and commit are still getting failed.

now, i am seriously thinking about downgrading it to 4.1.8. which was working before.

Definitely need to debug live. Have your ASC call PAN Support with you on the line so we can take a closer look.

I also observed very slow response from the management interface after upgrading our PA500 fromn PanOs 5.0.1 to 5.0.2

My SNMP network monitoring showed the management CPU to be stuck at 100% load. A reboot temporarily solved this high load issue, but after some time the management CPU was again permanently at 100% load.

My only resolution was to go back to 5.0.1, and this helped in my case.

Lavision,

Please open a case with PAN Support or your ASC so that we can investigate the high CPU issue.

Thanks,

Sri

The problem did not show again after upgrading to 5.0.3

• 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!