Commit scope is unavailable when a full commit is required

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Commit scope is unavailable when a full commit is required

L1 Bithead

Hi Team,

Let's see if you can help me with this behavior,

In Panorama 9.1.9 the following message is displayed when trying to commit: "Commit scope is unavailable when a full commit is required"

I see that there is pending configuration to push the devices and I decide to "Push", not leaving pending to apply any configuration on the devices, then I apply "Commit and Push" as requested by Panorama. After performing these actions I observe that I have more configuration pending to push the devices.

I understand that after applying "Commit and Push" all the pending configuration should be sent to the devices without leaving anything pending.

Is this behavior normal? Has it happened to someone?

Regards in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Logan_mad 

Please see below url for possible scenarios

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/server-error-partial-commit-is-not-allowed-full-...

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

Hi,

Thanks for your responses!

I have already checked what is indicated in the links and the configurations are correct,

After doing some research,

Someone imported a new device and another administrator also applied changes. I think the import is the one that causes the state "Commit scope is unavailable when a full commit is required".

But after applying "commit and Push" I understand that all pending "Push" should have been applied,

Regards,

L0 Member

Was your solution to just do a commit and push? I'm confused as to how to run a full commit.

L4 Transporter

When you get this error, you should do a full push (push all changes) to fix the issue.

Partial push is a new feature introduced from 10.2.x

Anoopkumar
Network Security Engineer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!