Configuring GlobalProtect iOS App with XenMobile MDM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Configuring GlobalProtect iOS App with XenMobile MDM

L4 Transporter

Does anyone have a write-up on how to configure the new GlobalProtect iOS App with Citrix's XenMobile MDM or any MDM?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Palo Alto Networks Guru

You could use Custom SSL to configure GlobalProtect app , till MDM vendors update their software.

Identifier is com.paloaltonetworks.GlobalProtect.vpnplugin

Attached screen shot from IPCU for an example

Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 10.33.16 AM.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Palo Alto Networks Guru

You could use Custom SSL to configure GlobalProtect app , till MDM vendors update their software.

Identifier is com.paloaltonetworks.GlobalProtect.vpnplugin

Attached screen shot from IPCU for an example

Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 10.33.16 AM.png

Hi Jmenon,

I did what you recommended by creating a Custom SSL VPN Policy in my MDM and then deployed it with the GP iOS app.  It did not populate the GP iOS app settings like I thought it would and when I opened the GP iOS app on the iDevice it then created a separate VPN configuration in the settings.

Not sure i

Palo Alto Networks Guru

double check you identifier is correct

<key>VPNSubType</key>

<string>com.paloaltonetworks.GlobalProtect.vpnplugin</string>

<key>VPNType</key>

<string>VPN</string>

Aslo from iOS settings make the one deployed from MDM the default/selected and then launch the GlobalProtect app to see if the profile gets loaded.

image.png

Still doesn't populate the GP app information.

Here's my XenMobile VPN Policy Configuration.  It doesn't allow me to put in the second Key parameter for VPNType and String for VPN.

XM-GP-VPN-Config-1.jpg

XM-GP-VPN-Config-2.jpg

After looking over your parameters, I changed mine but, still doen't populate.

XM-GP-VPN-Config-3.jpg

Palo Alto Networks Guru

You don't need to configure custom parameters. You may want to try with IPCU iPhone Configuration Utility 3.5 for Mac OS X and/or also contact XenMobile support.

We will also sync up with XenMobile to figure where the fallout may be happening.

Jmenon,

Finally, got it to work.  You're not going to believe it.  If you take a look at your very first reply to my original question, you will notice that the work paloaltonetworks is misspelled and stupid me, I just cut-n-pasted the identifier from that reply. LOL!!  Once, I corrected the misspell, everything populated just fine.

Thanks for you help and patience.

Kind regards,

Jeff

Palo Alto Networks Guru

Glad that it worked. I also edited my original reply to correct the typo for the benefit of others. Thanks for pointing it out.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!