Connecting a videoconference to PAN without using NAT

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Connecting a videoconference to PAN without using NAT

Not applicable

Hello All,

I have this small question here that I hope can find answers or suggestions.

Currently we have a videoconference unit that was connected to the internet via NATting in the PAN ? I am wondering if there is a way to make it non-nat by connecting it to one of the available free interface and make it appear as a internet facing unit. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Hi mmxong,

You could consider having  two interfaces configured to be part of a virtual wire , with one end connected to the Internet Vlan and the other end connected to your video conferencing system (which has an external IP). Or you could just have two interfaces in L2 with one plugged into your Internet VLAN and the other termimating on the Video conferencing system. Both configurations should let you control the traffic through security policies.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Sunil

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!