copy production panorama policies to lab panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

copy production panorama policies to lab panorama

L4 Transporter

Hello Expert

I have Panorama VM and managing 6 LSYS on two different PA firewalls. I would like to export security rules from Panorama and import into another Panorama in my lab for policies testing. What type of configuration I need to export from Panorama and import into new Panorama. Also does configuration export include licenses etc or only confiugration?

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Is there any one?

L3 Networker

If you want the full config, you can export the configuration from the production Panorama and import into the test unit.

If you only want to export/import the security policies, you can do a copy an paste from the CLI. Maybe grab the rules with 'show | match pre-rulebase' and 'show | match post-rulebase' and then paste them. 

The license is done by serial number and won't be included in any export.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!